Yesterday's Gone, Today's Reborn 2
It is madness, says Reason:
it is what it is, says Love.
It is unhappiness, says Caution:
It is nothing but pain, says Fear:
It has no future says Insight:
it is what it is, says Love
It is ridiculous, says Pride
It is foolish, says Caution
It is impossible, says Experience:
it is what it is, says Love.
---
I really don't like this very much, your infrequent visits, your confusing speech, your smell. Its not easy at all. I think about these thoughts and I think about now and I think about then and then I think about everything else. Where are we on this road you speak of? Are we on it now? If so, where am I standing now? Am I finally at the outskirts of the impenetrable forest? Have you led me out like you promised? I feel leaves in my hair and I see mud on my arms. Have I escaped? Or am I still in the depths of its treacherous maze?
So where are you now? Its pretty dark and I can't see so well without my glasses. Are you here? If you are, where are you? Hiding perhaps? I know you. You like to hide in places and watch me silently, then visit me when you choose to. So what is it today? Are you with me? In front? Yes? No? Answer me. What are you doing? Are you taking me back? Because I sure do miss home. Are we going home?
How far are we from home? How much longer will we return? Are you taking me there or do you want me to go alone? If I am, will you wait for me by the tree like you used to? Where are you? I look in front of me and its all a mystery, I see a blurry whirlpool of blues and blacks; I turn behind and I hear familiarity. I see my yesterdays, our precious familiar yesterdays. But home isn't in that direction, is it? Sometimes, we tell ourselves good things to make us feel better about our decisions. The effects are short, daily doses tiring and never-ending, but one has to suffice with what they have left. Today, where I stand, I stand. And here, I shall wait for tomorrow.
I shall wait here, for tomorrow.
I'm still waiting. Here, for You.
I want to go home, so much.

<< Home